Monday, June 16, 2014

Mastering the Farm Box... Chopped Edition

Hello everyone and welcome back! The Husband and I are expecting our first Farm Box delivery next Monday, and now that I am no longer a major Newb, I am ready to take it on with full creativity and decisiveness. Of course this as led to The Husband deciding that it was time to throw in a nice little twist for me to handle. You see, Dear Reader, in the past year The Husband has changed jobs and he now works as a sales representative for a Major Food Company. This means he is in and out of grocery stores all over the local area, in all kinds of neighborhoods, with all kinds of primary ethnicity and backgrounds. The twist he proposes is to bring home with him the odd, unique and terrifying ingredients he finds while out and about and require me to incorporate the ingredients into the dishes I decide to make. It's Chopped in my home kitchen, except without eliminations and The Husband has to taste the end result.


Here are the Rules:
1) The Husband will bring home 1-3 "Basket" ingredients.
2) I must use all of the Basket ingredients in one dish.
3) I may NOT use the internet to look up a recipe, we're cooking off the top of our head.
4) The Husband MAY use the internet to advise me and answer direct questions, specifically so I don't accidentally kill us by preparing an ingredient wrong.
5) I have access to our pantry and fridge which will be kept well stocked.
6) I also have access to The Box and may use anywhere from 1-all of The Box ingredients

Sounds like fun huh?
Frankly I am terrified. I have a week to read up on culinary techniques and get ready for this mess.

Wish me luck?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment