Thursday, June 27, 2013

Week 3 Box 3

This week's box contained no major surprises. It was actually a nice sigh of relief after the funeral followed by a wedding weekend The Husband and I had just gone through. The Box Yielded the following:


  • A bunch of Kale
  • A bunch of Collards
  • One Head of Escarole
  • A bunch of some sort of weird micro green that will probably go bad in the fridge unless I make a salad at some point.
  • Three small but pretty Red Onions with greens attached
  • Two sexy red tomatoes (we never ate last week's so now we have three)
  • Garlic Scallions (which from the name suggests scallions that taste like garlic)
  • An excessive, and I mean excessive, amount of Garlic Scapes

The Escarole went to Grandpa, who lives in the apartment below us. He was very excited and started talking about how his mother used to make him Escarole and beans. That started to sound really good to me, and I immediately began to regret my generosity. Maybe next time.

The Husband and I will keep and tackle the Kale and Collards. As I said in previous posts, we were warned to expect a lot of greens that basically are interchangeable, so coming up with new and exciting recipes is going to be difficult. But because this week is a little busy (we are buying a couch) and last week was so insane the kale and collards will probably get the old "slab bacon" treatment. (Unless I can muster the energy to make Kale Chips). In the meantime I have to figure what I'm going to do with all those Garlic Scapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment