Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Week 17, Box 17

This week's box was brought to be by The Husband for the first time ever after 9:30PM. It finally happened, we both had a conflict and since my hearing could have taken me to midnight to complete it fell to him to stop by the MIL and bring The Box home. From the contents of the box you can see we are well into the fall harvest.



  • 4 fat beautiful apples
  • 1 bunch of sorrel
  • 4 yellow onions
  • 3 sad turnips
  • A mess of tomatoes
  • A mess of potatoes
  • A mess of tomatillos
  • rosemary
  • and 2 decorative gourds
I am officially over run with potatoes and Tomatoes. They simply stay good for far too long. Thank god it's the end of Tomato Season and I can maybe just make a whole mess of tomato sauce to be canned and stored. The Potatoes prove themselves a harder task to get rid of. Maybe it's because I injured my finger making something yummy with potatoes but I just haven't touched them in months and it is starting to over run my refrigerator (yes I know the fridge is not the ideal place to store potatoes, but we have crazy temperature fluctuation problems in our apartment, ruined quite a few bottles of wine and potatoes have rotted on us before. Have you ever smelled Rotten potatoes? not fun). Nothing crazy creative inducing this week. I will have to think on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment