Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Week 10 Box 10

Many of you have been asking about the status of my finger. Well I'm sorry to say it had to be amputated.... Naw just joshing. It's fine. The Husband and  I went  down the shore as planned which was a lot of fun except for the fact that I had to wear a rubber glove on the beach and couldn't go in the water. Lots of little kids stared trying to figure out what exactly that crazy lady was doing and I am sure lots of parents worried that I had some horrible skin disease. I just tried to relax and keep my hand out of the sun (apparently rubber gloves trap heat).

The Glue they used peeled off a day early and unfortunately the wound hadn't healed all the way. It wasn't gushing or anything just still a little exposed. So of course it has become infected and I'm on antibiotics. Nothing is ever easy, is it? However, I expect to heal acceptably from now on and it cannot come fast enough. I'm sick of the pain every time I forget and hit "l" with the finger while I am typing. Apparently I can compensate on all the other letter but "l" is ingrained as "hit with right ring finger" unless I am paying close attention.

Anyway this week I picked up The Box again. It just happened to coincide nicely with the end of my doctor's appointment.

Here's what we got:


  • 1 Head of Romaine (gifted to Grandpa)
  • 4 Red Beefsteak Tomatoes
  • 1 Orange Heirloom Tomato
  • 1 Head of Garlic
  • 3 Cippolini Onions
  • 5 Carrots
  • 1 pathetic Yellow Zucchini
  • 2 Purple Peppers
  • 2 White Peppers ( supposedly sweet peppers but they smell like they have a spice)
  • 3 Small Hot Peppers
  • 6 Green Tomatoes
  • 7 Peaches

The Peaches should be fun, although they are very soft so I'm a little concerned I won't get to them on time. Suggestions from the crowd on what to make with them in the meantime. I'm excited for the Green Tomatoes as well. We haven't seriously fried anything on the blog yet.... hint hint. Overall however, I have way too many peppers again, and The Husband has already turned his nose up. What am I gonna do?

1 comment:

  1. The peppers are beautiful! This week's "composition" is really nice. Can't wait to see what you do with it! Guess I'd better eat those peaches, huh?

    ReplyDelete