Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Week 11 Box 11

Let it be known that the Rabbi has returned. This of course means that I no longer get the benefit of a full and fruitful box. Ah well, I'm back to my half share and it's probably better for the environment (less veg going to rot) and for this blog (splitting the share with the MIL results in me getting the weird stuff). However, we are coming into the Fall (even though it is still August) which means the "harvest time" is coming. I'm excited for the bounty of new veg that are coming into the season. And this week The Box is starting to reflect it. Here's what we got:


  • A bunch of Fava Greens - (the greens of the Fava bean)
  • A bunch of Baby Beets (Dwight Shrewt would be pleased)
  • 2 Red Tomatoes
  • 3 Heirloom tomatoes
  • 3 small yellow onions
  • 2 ears of sweet corn
  • 4 Jalapeno Peppers
  • and Music Garlic (aka some kind of garlic)

Although the box was a little sparse, it does have some new ingredients in it that I am looking forward to playing with. Maybe this week I'll actually pickle something. And the Sweet Corn is certainly going to end up in cornbread since The Husband is excessively excited over it, so look for that post in the upcoming week. As for the second possible secret ingredient? Your guess is as good as mine. Any suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment