Friday, August 30, 2013

Week 12, Box 12

I don't know if it's because we are between growing seasons a little bit, but the box has been kinda scarce lately. Maybe I am just spoiled from when I got all of The Rabbi's share while he was on vacation, but still, this week's box was a little depressing. Oh and I'm starting to get overrun by peppers again.


  • 7 or so assorted peppers
  • Oregano
  • Red Lettuce (gifted to Grandpa)
  • A Zucchini
  • 3 fat beets
  • Grapes
Like I said it was rather slim pickings this week. The Grapes, I can tell you, were sweet little bundles of yum and were consumed for dinner along with a nice sized wedge of Irish Cheddar. I can't help it, I was hungry, they were there, and the dinner required no cooking. NOM NOM NOM. 

With the grapes gone it really doesn't leave me much to work with. I'm starting to gather an excess of peppers so I might need to find a soup or something to make with them. I also have a lot of leftover carrots, and some potatoes that have survived nicely in the fridge. On and the beets. I've got to do something with those beets. The question is... what. Anyway, the slim pickings may only result in one post this week. But I'll try to make it a good one and see if I can put up a one-off recipe from my every day cooking. Maybe, We'll see how we feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment