Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Week 16, Box 16

This week I drove the hour in traffic to pick up The Box, only to find out 3 hours later that The Husband was also heading over to the area where we pick up The Box to give something to MIL. The location of course is completely out of my way, but on his way home from work. Nothing like bad coordiantion, darn. Anyway, we are starting to get some of the fall veggies and I am very excited. This week The Box looked like this:




  • 1 bunch of Swiss Chard
  • 1 bunch of green onions
  • 1 bunch of purple basil
  • 1 large Spaghetti Squash
  • 4 peppers of some kind
  • An excess of tomatoes
  • 6 tomatillos 
  • Golden Muscat Grapes
I've never worked with Spaghetti Squash before and a little bit of time on the Google Machine tells me why, apparently unless you are cutting out carbs and the reason why you eat pasta is for the stringy look of the pasta Spaghetti squash is a good substitute. Otherwise, it's rather dull and you are better off with other squashes. Ah well, we will find something interesting to do with it. The grapes will likely be made into more jelly, which just plain makes me happy and The Husband got excited at the tomatillos, he wants more enchiladas. My kitchen is going to kill me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment