Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Week 4 Box 4

Yesterday  my worst nightmare occurred: I got stuck in traffic.

On a normal day my commute back and forth from my job is 20 minutes. On a fantastic day I can do it in 15. Yesterday it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get home. I tried multiple routes, all had traffic. I sat at the world's worst planned intersection for a total of 5 light cycles and then sat in more traffic all the while calling and complaining at The Husband. I get terribly whiny when I get stuck in traffic.

Thank goodness for The Husband who loves me and  was patiently waiting for my arrival with more Garlic Scape Pesto, a bottle of Prosecco left over from our wedding night and the contents of this week's Box.  That and a pound and a 1/2 of mozzarella from the Italian Deli who always gives you a 1/4 to 1/2 pound more mozzarella then you ask for... and charges you for it (not that you would complain, the stuff is delicious).

I broke into the Prosecco before I addressed the contents of the The Box.


(Doesn't it look like a face?)

This week's box contained the following repeats:
  • Red Lettuce - which went bad last time so we gifted it to my grandfather
  • Tokyo Bekana - which also went bad last time but we are determined to do something with this time
  • Buckwheat micro-greens - I'm sure I'll eat them this time around
  • The BIGGEST cucumber on the face of the planet (at least a foot and a half long)
  • Two beautiful, albeit oddly shaped, tomatoes
and the following new items:
  • Chard - another leafy green, oh joy
  • Blue Shell Peas
  • Lemon Basil
Nothing overly exasperating, although I was a little disappointed to discover that although the pods of the blue shell peas have this beautiful blue/purple color to them, the peas themselves are pea-green. False advertising I tell you. 

A little bit of time on The Google Machine proved that the most difficult ingredient this week to tackle is going to be the Lemon Basil, if only because when you type in "Lemon Basil recipe" on The Google you get a whole lot of recipes containing both lemon and basil, and none with this specific ingredient in them. 

I think I'm gonna need a new search strategy.


No comments:

Post a Comment