Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week 8 Box 8

The Husband and I are getting into a nice little rhythm. I guess we've moved into that sweet spot after the wedding where we start just being comfortable with each other and our roles. Not that we didn't have the sweet spot before the wedding, just that planning a wedding tends to mess with the natural equilibrium of things. Now we are just fat, happy and trying not to stress over the unplanned expenses that arise, and furniture shopping. It helps that the heat has subsided; I woke up this morning to 67 degrees and sunny. BEAUTIFUL. Now if we can make it through August without the heat rising above 90 I will remain a very happy girl.

This week's box arrived unceremoniously with no terrifying surprises, but again, no immediately clear cooking ideas came to mind.  Here's what we got:


care to guess?

  • 3 Green Zucchini
  • 1 Bunch of Fennel
  • 2 Cucumbers of moderate size
  • 3 Texas Star Onions
  • 2 Tomatoes
  • 3 Green Peppers
  • 1 Head of Garlic
  • 3 lbs of Red Potatoes
  • 1 Cup of Blackberries 
  • Rosemary
This will obviously take some thought. I need to use the Blackberries first because berries go bad when you breathe on them. I can tell you that I gave away the green peppers to my co-worker who will appreciate them more than The Husband will. It's too bad really, they were beautiful. It's time to do a little thinking, and maybe some Google-ing. Hmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment