Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Week 7 Box 7

After the disaster that was The Box last week. I was anxious to replace the rotting produce in my fridge with a fresh clean start. This week The Box was delivered to me by The Husband while I was at my Parents' house waiting for our wedding photographer to bring us our pictures (EEEEEEEEE!) and it was, un-ironically, delivered  in a box, which, because of my experience with the sp-sp-spider, I promptly made The Husband remove from the apartment as soon as we got home.

I have to honestly say this week The Box is giving me a little bit of a head scratch-er. This is not because there are any particular ingredients in it that are unusual or difficult to work with, but for precisely the opposite reason. It is going to take some thought to try and make the ingredients interesting.


Play your guessing game before looking at the list below:
  • Two skinny and oddly shaped eggplants
  • Two Yellow Squash
  • A Cucumber
  • Four Tomatoes
  • Multiple Jalapenos
  • Two long skinny bright green peppers (which from the smell of them are clearly hot)
  • A bag of Green Beans
  • 4 Green Onions
  • 4 Carrots with an excessive amount of greens still attached
  • Baby Celery (which looks like celery leaves and smells like really strong celery) 
  • Lime Basil (like lemon basil but with a more limey smell)
The Cucumber, Tomatoes, and Squash went to my grandfather who was very excited to receive them as his tomatoes have not yet ripened and at least we weren't pawning off any more lettuce. I then cut the Greens off the Carrots and put them in a bag with the Baby Celery for later. This probably means I won't use them but I want to think about them for a bit before giving them to the rabbits and squirrels.  The Husband wants me to make more ice cream with the Lime Basil using the same recipe as before, but there really isn't a point in making an identical blog post. So that leaves me with Carrots, Green Onions, Eggplant, and an excessive amount of Hot Peppers. What to do, what to do, what to do....

To The Google Machine I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment